Develop a Project
Why develop a Gold Standard project?
- Higher price in the market. Reports show that Gold Standard prices continue to command a higher price point.
- Amplifying impact. Our standards are designed to enable you to maximise the impacts of your projects.
- Higher integrity = lower risk. Gold Standard was created by WWF and continues to be driven by 80+ NGOs. Our supporters, principles and approach reduces risk and provides vital assurances for investors and buyers.
- Streamlined project development process. Requirements and methodologies are easier to read and understand, and we remain available to assist project developers throughout the life of a project. We also represent the shortest time to transaction according to the State of the Forest Carbon Market report.
- Build more demand. We are committed to building demand for Gold Standard projects and will work with you to do this.
- Ability to pre-sell credits. Within our A/R scope we certify both verified and validated credits, allowing project developers to realize a faster return on investments.
- Strong partnerships. We work closely with key industry standards like FSC, Fairtrade, and Rainforest Alliance, to ensure that we remain the highest standard for climate and development initiatives.
- Pioneering approach. We continually work with our partners, creating new and innovative ways for driving finance into climate and development initiatives.
Because you believe in what we do. It’s your projects that will help build a climate secure world where sustainable development brings life-changing benefits to communities everywhere. Our standards are here to support you.
How It Works
To apply for Gold Standard certification, projects must adhere to a set of principles, rules and requirements. For more information and to access these documents please click on the relevant scope area below: