Creating an Enabling Framework for Carbon Market Projects for Soil Protection
Hosts: “4 per 1000” Initiative on soils for food security and climate, GIZ Sector Project Soil Protection, Combating Desertification, Sustainable Land Management (BMZ), GIZ Global Programme Soil protection and rehabilitation for food security (BMZ), GIZ Support Project for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement (BMU).
GIZ and the “4 per 1000” Initiative are hosting an event to help support voluntary carbon markets (VCM) for soil organic carbon projects. The sessions from 13:00 – 17:00 CET on the three consecutive afternoons will focus on:
- The perspective of buyers and investors on the VCM for soil organic carbon
- Insights on markets, accounting and monitoring solutions for common challenges
- Enhancing the potential of soil within international climate mechanisms
Gold Standard will be participating in the session hosted on Wednesday 28 October 2020 at 13:00 entitled VCM: Insights on markets, and monitoring solutions for common challenges:
- 13:00 - WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
- 13:20 - Marketing strategies for certificates - Gold Standard
- 14:00 - Programmatic SOC certification approaches - UNIQUE forestry and land use
- 15:00 - How to overcome monitoring barriers in current standards? - Verra
- 16:00 - Blockchain-based registry for carbon credits – Nori
- 16:45 - Take-aways and conclusion
FULL AGENDA for Creating an Enabling Framework for Carbon Market Projects for Soil Protection
For more information, please contact Fabian Rackelmann or Asil Abuassba.