Join our TAC for Land Use & Forests
We are seeking two new members for our Land Use & Forests Technical Advisory Committee with the following expertise:
1. Senior expert (10-15 years experience) in Agriculture/Agronomy:
- Higher education (scientific) in agronomy/agriculture or related field
- Practical, field-based experience of agricultural activities
- Knowledge and understanding of GHG/carbon emissions related to agriculture
- Ideally experienced in standards, certification and MRV
2. Senior (10-15 years experience) Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)/UNFCCC expert
- Higher education in climate change policy/sustainable development
- Experienced in international climate and sustainable development policy/strategies related to land-use and forests
- Experience of UN mechanisms for climate finance
- Knowledge and understanding of international carbon/eco-system service market places
General requirements to potential candidates:
- Fluency in both spoken and written English to be able to contribute during TAC call discussions
- General knowledge/understanding of land-use and forests, sustainable development and carbon market vocabulary
The new members will be appointed as per our TAC Terms of Reference>> To apply for this position, interested/qualified individuals should submit their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 14th October.
Gold Standard is currently undertaking a major strategic review and overhaul of its technical standards. These are likely to impact both the constitution and remit of the Technical Advisory Committee in the coming twelve months - more information can be found here>>. This work is likely to entail a change to TAC TORs although timing is yet to be confirmed.
Please note this is a voluntary position.