The Liechtenstein Office of the Environment and Gold Standard will host a side event about the transformative potential of blockchain for climate action:
"Paris Agreement Instruments - Challenges and Potential of Blockchain Technology”:
Wednesday 9 May
18:30 – 20:00
Followed by a Networking Apéro
Room Berlin (112)
The event will discuss a number of current initiatives facilitated by the Climate Ledger Initiative (CLI), including Climate-KIC sponsored programmes on 'Digitizing Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV)' and 'The Role of Blockchain in Climate Action.' We invite interested parties and stakeholders to exchange views and experiences with the use of blockchain in climate action.
- Welcome Note: Heike Summer, Office of Environment, Liechtenstein
- Introduction to the Climate Ledger Initiative: Laurence Mortier, Swiss Federal Office of the Environment
- NDC process under Article 4 and blockchain: Sven Braden, LIFE Climate Foundation
- Enabling Article 6 market mechanisms with blockchain: Jürg Füssler, INFRAS
- Building a blockchain registry ecosystem, Felipe De Leon, Costa Rica
- Blockchain & Governance, Honorata Fijalka, GIZ / Blockchain Lab
- #Hack4Climate Innovation Program for tangible climate action at scale. Use Case: REDD-Chain: Nick Berlinger, Cleantech21
The event is hosted in collaboration with the Climate Ledger Initiative, Cleantech21, the LIFE Climate Foundation, INFRAS, Hack4Climate with support from Climate-KIC and the Swiss Agency for Cooperation and Development.