Renewable Energy Supply:
- Project activities that generate and deliver energy services via a national/regional grid from non-fossil and renewable energy sources.
- Grid connected off-shore wind projects and waste to energy projects that involve using landfill gas/biogas to generate electricity.
- Renewable energy generation project activities such as solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, provided these are:
- Located in a Least Development Country (LDC), Small Island Developing State (SIDS), a Land Locked Developing Country (LLDC) or conflict zone.
- Located in a low income or low middle-income country where the penetration level of the proposed renewable energy technology type is less that 5% of the total grid installed capacity, at the time of the first submission to preliminary review.
- Not covered by either of the above two conditions but are exceptional in circumstances, such as serve impoverished beneficiaries at preferential rates or where the project technology proposed is not common practice. These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Pre-approved exceptions for renewable energy technologies, are located in the Renewable Energy Activity Requirements.
Community Service Projects: that provide improved end-use energy efficiency, such as efficient cooking, heating or lighting
Waste Management: Waste handling projects that deliver energy services, such as land fill gas methane recovery for electricity generation, or a usable product with sustainable development benefits, such as composting
Land Use and Forests: Includes Afforestation/Reforestation and agriculture projects. CDM A/R projects are not eligible for issuances of GSCERs, though such projects may transition to GS4GG and issue GSVERs