A Higher Standard
For a Climate Secure and Sustainable World
We manage best practice standards for climate and sustainable development interventions to maximise impact, creating value for people around the world and the planet we share.
Established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also contributed to sustainable development. Our next-generation standard launched in 2017, Gold Standard for the Global Goals>>, allows climate and development initiatives to quantify, certify, and maximise their impacts toward climate security and sustainable development.
Gold Standard now has more than 80 NGO supporters and 1400+ certified projects in over 80 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
Theory of Change:
By creating robust standards for climate and development interventions that enable the credible measurement of impact, Gold Standard aims to create $100 billion in shared value by 2030.
To realize our vison and mission, our focus is to develop and evolve a flexible meta-standard that sets the benchmark for climate and development interventions and to push for greater ambition in markets and policy frameworks. Underlying this strategic focus, we aim to reduce costs and complexity and increase value for credible impact certification.
Gold Standard Team
Addressing climate change and sustainable development requires technical leadership, diversity and a global mindset. Our Secretariat is composed of experts stationed all around the world. Please feel free to connect with our team.
- Marion VerlesChief Executive OfficerZurich, Switzerlandmarion.email@example.com
- Owen HewlettChief Technical OfficerBristol, UKowen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah LeugersDirector, CommunicationsGeneva, Switzerlandsarah.email@example.com
- Sandra GeneeDirector, Partnerships and Business DevelopmentAmsterdam, Netherlandssandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas BlackburnDirector of Partnerships and Business Development - USNew York, USAthomas.email@example.com
- Miranda BevcFinance ManagerGeneva, Switzerlandmiranda.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abhishek GoyalSenior Technical Director, StandardsNew Delhi, Indiaabhishek.email@example.com
- Vikash TalyanTechnical Director, Standards and New ProgrammesNew Delhi, Indiavikash.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keith BlackTechnical Director, IS & RegistryDundee, UKkeith.email@example.com
- Claire WillersCommunications ManagerGeneva, Switzerlandclaire.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt ThomasProgramme ManagerBristol, UKMatthew.Thomas@goldstandard.org
- Giancarlo RaschioSenior Manager, Land UseBerlin, GermanyGiancarlo.Raschio@goldstandard.org
- Deepak KumarIT ManagerNew Delhi, Indiadeepak.email@example.com
- Sophie JordiFinance OfficerGeneva, Switzerlandsophie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deepika ProothiInformation Services AssistantNew Delhi, Indiadeepika.email@example.com
- Olivia BebePlatform CoordinatorGeneva, Switzerlandolivia.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ema CimaDigital design officerGeneva, Switzerlandema.email@example.com