We are seeking feedback on revisions made to the Simplified Methodology for Clean Cookstoves to align with latest science, introduce further efficiencies for project developers, provide more clarity where required and to promote consistency between our methodologies.
The consultation also includes a newly developed Emission Reduction Calculation Tool and a template to better support baseline/project survey questionnaires
Summary of key changes to the methodology include:
- Inclusion of a ‘Definitions’ section
- Inclusion of charcoal as a baseline fuel in methodology scope/applicability
- Revision of the requirements to calculate project cookstove efficiency
- Inclusion of new data, parameters (both monitored and not monitored) and related requirements to ensure consistency across all new improved cookstoves/distributed technology methodologies
- Updates to the sample survey questionnaires