The purpose of this project is to generate electricity by utilizing clean solar energy and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, which otherwise would have been emitted by the existing fossil fuel based power plants connected to the NEWNE grid in India. The NEWNE grid is dominated by coal fired thermal power plants. In the absence of this project activity, an equivalent amount of power would have been generated and supplied by NEWNE grid to which the proposed project is connected. The project activity is expected to reduce on an average 34,261 tonnes of CO2 per year.
The company endeavors to make a positive contribution to underserved communities by engaging in a wide range of environmental, educational and health initiatives.
Project impacts and benefits:
#SDG1- No Poverty
- Jakson executed Grid Electrification Program by which 5000 Below Poverty Line households were configured and synced with the Grid.
- Jakson extended a helping hand and donated clothes for the underprivileged people. The donations wrere made to Earth Saviors Foundation - a Delhi-based recognized NGO founded in the year 2008.
- The amazing transformation of Barapitha, Odisha, a small village where Jakson Solar helped ensure uninterrupted electricity for all the 61 families that live here! Life has become easier for the residents of Barapitha village in Odisha, ever since Jakson Solar, in partnership with NALCO and ECCO, has ensured 100% access to solar equipment for the villagers.
#SDG4- Quality Education
- Jakson have adopted 12 government schools in Greater Noida area, 2 Government Schools in Kathua & 1 Government and 4 Anganwari, Kalsar, Gujarat to upgrading School Infrastructure and basic amnesties of students.
- Computer class & Health and hygiene classes were regularly conducted in Primary Government School, Kalsahpur & Government Middle school, Mehtabpur, Kathua on every working Monday & Saturday
- Jakson actively engages in Strengthening Anganbadi, Adoption of Schools, Upgrading School Infrastructure and basic amnesties, Extra Curricular, Activities/Exposure Visit/Science Fair/Bal Mela Health, Drinking Water and Sanitation around project site.
#SDG7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- The purpose of the proposed project is to generate electricity by utilizing clean solar energy and to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions, which otherwise would have been emitted by the existing fossil fuel based power plants connected to the NEWNE grid (currently this NEWNE grid and Southern grid are synchronized and becomes single grid as Indian Grid) in India or the addition of similar kind of fossil fuel based power plants.
- Jakson has three power plants with a total installed capacity of 60MW
#SDG9- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Solar on Train: India gets its first Solar Powered train installed by Jakson. This is the milestone in the history of Indian Renewable Energy. Jakson showcased its innovative engineering capabilities by successfully integrating solar panels on the roof of 50 coaches of Indian Railways. It was a complex design and engineering challenge to integrate solar panels on the roof of coaches that run up-to speeds of 120 km per hour.
- Jakson has undertaken rural electrification projects for Shrawasti, Sitapur and Faizabad in UP and Alwar in Rajasthan covering almost 3000 villages to bring reliable power to unelectrified part of the nation!
- True to Jakson belief in sustainable business practices and environment protection, the Jakson corporate office in Noida is an IGBC Platinum-rated green building that uses smart technology to reduce carbon footprint and contribute towards a greener planet.
- Jakson having the honor to have installed and commissioned solar rooftop plants in some of India’s landmark establishments. The most prestigious one is the 508 kW at the President of India building, New Delhi
#SDG13- Climate Action
- The project activity is expected to reduce on an average 34,261 tonnes of CO2 per year. In absence of the project activity, equivalent amount of power would have been generated and supplied by NEWNE grid to which the proposed project is connected. The NEWNE grid is dominated by coal fired thermal power plants.
#SDG17- Partnerships for the Goals
- The project involved complete designing, engineering, procurement, erection, installation and commissioning of first hydro project in Bhutan, which include mechanical work with EOT crane system. Jakson also performed the electrical & communication work with auto start and synchronizing with grid. Jakson DG sets were also used for blackout or black start condition for auxiliaries of hydro turbines.