Commodity Trading Week
Modernising the commodity supply chain for digital, sustainable and cost-effective supply chain
The covid-19 crisis has heavily impacted the supply chain in the commodity sector, highlighting the pain points and areas of improvement around logistics and supply chain management.
Hugh Salway, Head of Environmental Markets at Gold Standard will participate to this following panel discussion:
Seizing Opportunities in Shipping Decarbonisation Panel Discussion
27 April 2022
11.15 - 12.25 BST | 12:15 - 13:25 CEST
MODERATOR Voytek Chelkowski, Managing Partner, Seamind Blue Ocean
- Camille Bourgeon, Technical Officer - Marine Environment Division, International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
- Natalie Gupta, Director Bunkering – Value Chain Partnerships, Yara
- Richard Watts, Director, HR Maritime
- Camilo Perico, Consultant, UMAS
- Hugh Salway, Head of Environmental Markets, Gold Standard
- Elsa Pernot, Global Head of HSEC, GUNVOR
• IMO’s plans for ensuring transparency and accountability for decarbonisation in the shipping sector
• Overview of latest regulations & other standards to control shipping emissions - what do we see emerging in the years ahead?
• An overview of new digital initiatives: Which of these are most credible?
• Assessing the prospects for hydrogen and other alternative fuels
• Where do battery power and wind technology fit in the plan? Lithium alternatives, return to the sailboat?
• Future net zero carbon shipping: pipe dream or reality?