IUCN Congress: Pathways to scaling up finance for nature
Tuesday 07 September 2021
09:00 - 10.30 CEST
Hosted by: IUCN
Gold Standard’s CEO, Margaret Kim, will discuss the importance of impact certification in assessing real progress toward climate, biodiversity and other Sustainable Development Goals, highlighting the case study of the Subnational Climate Finance initiative, in a session hosted by IUCN focused on providing insights on how private sector financing can be increased to maximise global environment benefits.
The panelists will provide their insights, answering:
- Is today’s climate and nature finance effective?
- Under which conditions does it help transform the management of land and seascapes and food production, urban and energy systems so that we shift to low-carbon, sustainable pathways?
- What are the promising strategies to shift the private sector’s interest at scale?
- Jurgis Sapijanskas, Senior Biodiversity Specialist, GEF
- Stewart Maginnis, Deputy Director General, Programme, IUCN
- Vincent Gradt, Managing Director, Mirova Natural Capital
- Margaret Kim, CEO, Gold Standard
- Ivo Mulder, Head Climate Finance Unit, UNEP
- Dorothée Herr – Manager, Oceans and Climate Change – IUCN