Technical support for early Article 6 activities
Gold Standard has launched a piloting initiative to support the authorisation of mitigation outcomes from activities under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement.
Partnering with Perspectives Climate Group, we are inviting expressions of interest from project developers looking to receive technical support in their engagement with national governments towards Article 6 authorisations
This piloting initiative, funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), will provide technical support in 2022 to 2-4 selected project developers as well as developing key findings and recommendations that can inform Article 6 preparations by other project developers and actors.
Under this initiative, selected project developers will receive support to:
- Identify the steps/processes/rules to comply with Article 6 requirements to receive authorisation of mitigation outcomes
- Review existing information about the planned/proposed activity design and receive recommendations, as required and relevant for Article 6 conformity
- Identify relevant host country authorities for Article 6
- Facilitate and prepare for a first meeting of activity developers and relevant host country authorities (e.g., Line Ministry)
- Facilitate subsequent discussions between activity developers and host country authorities with regards to Article 6 authorisation
- Host one in-person meeting with the consultants, the activity developer and host country authorities (if required)
- Access technical advice throughout the process for activity developers and host country authorities, including recommendations to support activity design, options to share benefits, process and steps for authorisations and necessary timelines, and suggestions for provisions in the documentation for authorisation
IDENTIFICATION OF PROJECT ACTIVITIES
To ensure meaningful lessons and findings are generated, Perspectives Climate Group intends to achieve a balance of project activities from different sectors, geographies, and scales (of both the project activity and the project developer).
Other factors that will be considered when identifying project activities include the readiness of the host country to engage in Article 6-related discussions; the maturity of the project activity and readiness to engage in concrete discussions with the host country; the alignment of the project activity with Article 6 requirements; and the experience of the project developer.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a project developer, and interested in participating in this initiative, please complete the questionnaire provided in the link by Friday 20 May 2022.
The questionnaire should take no longer than 5-10 minutes to complete, and information provided will be reviewed by both Gold Standard and Perspectives Climate Group.
KEEP IN CONTACT
For regular updates on our Article 6 work, please subscribe to the Article 6 Early Mover Programme
For any questions, please contact Article6@goldstandard.org