Climate Week NYC
23-29 September 2019, New York City
Gold Standard will be in New York for Climate Week, participating in a number of events including the UN Secretary General's 2019 Climate Action Summit and a corporate-focused workshop.
ValueChange: How to tackle Scope 3 emissions
BY INVITATION ONLY.
This program will showcase how companies can work to reduce climate impact up and down their value chains, reporting in alignment with the GHG Protocol and with recognition toward their Science Based Targets. It will feature case studies from large food and beverage companies with a focus on nature-based solutions, highlighting their challenges and solutions for credible impact quantification and reporting.
Hosted with SustainCERT and featuring WWF, CDP, WRI (TBC) and corporate partners including Mars and Danone.
- Margaret Kim, CEO, Gold Standard
- Tim Juliani - Director, US Corporate Climate Engagement, WWF
- Alberto Carrillo, Director of Science Based Targets and Renewable Energy, CDP
- Owen Hewlett, Chief Technical Officer, Gold Standard
- Ashley Allen, Climate & Land Senior Manager, Mars
Key questions the session will address:
- Why is reducing Scope 3 emissions so important?
- How do you design a value chain project for highest impact? Topics include target and boundary setting, methodology selection and application.
- What are the key challenges and solutions in implementation? How to take advantage of collective action and supplier engagement and training.
- How can you credibly account for reductions from these interventions? The discussion explores both upstream and downstream, and with specifics of carbon removals from soil sequestration.
Facilitated discussions will highlight experience from working group members that include Coop, General Mills, Bayer, Kelloggs, Mondelez, Adisseo, Hersheys, and more.
Wednesday, 25 September 2019
16:00 to 19:00; 90 minute workshop followed by networking reception
Citco Gateway New York
350 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022
THIS SESSION IS FULL. We will share case studies on our website following the event.
Please contact us>> if you'd like to set up a meeting with Gold Standard during Climate Week.