Guidance for the Interim - Discussing the San José principles and bilateral agreements to promote sustainable development and integrity in carbon markets
Wednesday 18 November 2020
3 – 4:30pm CET
SDI and Wuppertal Institute organise a joint webinar with the title “Guidance for the Interim - Discussing the San José principles and bilateral agreements to promote sustainable development and integrity in carbon markets”.
The aim of the event is to explore options to progress the evolvement of carbon markets under the Paris Agreement in the absence of a rulebook. In that context special attention will be given to the San Jose Principles for high ambition in Article 6; and the bilateral Agreement between Peru and Switzerland under Article 6.2.
- Welcome and introductions,
Christof Arens, Wuppertal Institute
- Updates on the San José principles process
Felipe De León, Ministry of Environment, Costa Rica (tbc)
- Principles to ensure high ambition and integrity of GHG reductions: the bilateral Art. 6 agreement between Peru and Switzerland
Lorenzo Alejandro Eguren Ciurlizza, MinAmPeru
- Sharing of views -reactions from different Party and stakeholder perspectives,
Sweden, Gov. Rep. (tbc), V.K. Duggal, Asian Development Bank (tbc) and Owen Hewlett, Gold Standard Foundation
- Promoting sustainable development and forming a community of practicebased on the principles
Karen Olsen, Sustainable Development Initiative / UNEP DTU Partnership