Australasian Emissions Reduction Summit 2019
Gold Standard CEO Marion Verles will participate in a plenary panel debate on: "Optimizing Australia’s position in International Carbon Markets"
This session discusses the international and domestic policy and market developments influencing the development and design of carbon markets and how they may impact domestic policy and the trade exposed nature of the Australian economy. We will look the economics of supply and demand for carbon credits, the emerging rules around Article 6 and prospects for large emitters in Australia to use international units to manage current and future carbon liabilities.
MODERATOR: Emily Gerrard, Director, Comhar Group
Panel 1: The Paris Agreement & Article 6 Development
- Martin Frick, Senior Director for Policy & Programme Coordination, UNFCCC
- Martijn Wilder, Partner, Baker McKenzie
- Patrick Suckling, Ambassador for the Environment, Australian Government
Panel 2: The Evolution of International Carbon Markets
- Andrew Grant, Executive Chair, Tasman Environmental Markets
- Marion Verles, CEO, Gold Standard Foundation
- Nigel Brunel, Director of Institutional Commodities, OMF Markets
- John Davis, Director, Financial Industry, South Pole